MINNEAPOLIS, MN (August 11, 2020) – On the heels of the strongest quarter of consumer demand in its 66-year history, Polaris Off Road continues to demonstrate why it’s the world leader in powersports and off-road innovation with its 2021 model year lineup. Unveiled today, the latest lineup boasts best-in-class products that resonate across the spectrum of riders, from the novice to the expert and everyone in between, who are looking to do more in the outdoors.
With design philosophy that starts and ends with the rider, highlights from Polaris’ newest model year lineup include:
● All-new Sportsman 450 H.O. and 570 models are redesigned to make the best-selling ATV lineup even better for riders of all experience and skill levels
● Enhanced quality and improved rider-inspired features are on display throughout the 2021 lineup from RANGER taking strength, comfort and capability to the next level, to the latest RZR XP Turbo and Turbo S bringing more technology and style for an untouchable riding experience while enabling riders to stand out from the pack
● Purpose-built models designed and tested to meet the needs of specific riders, including the new GENERAL XP 1000 Pursuit Edition for avid hunters and the first-ever RANGER XP 1000 Trail Boss for riders that work or play in demanding terrains, both offering new premium features and quality upgrades
“When it comes to driving product innovation, we are always listening to our riders and our dealers, and that has never been more evident than with this year’s lineup, featuring rider-inspired upgrades across all brands,” said Steven Menneto, President of Polaris Off Road. “We are relentlessly committed to elevating the off-road lifestyle for riders of all backgrounds and experience levels by delivering the best and most advanced off-road vehicles, whether for work, adventure or play.”
For decades, Polaris Off Road has defined – and redefined – the industry, refusing to settle for status quo. The 2021 lineup is packed with premium features, including enhanced audio and expanded RIDE COMMAND integration on more models than ever before. All four brands were evaluated from top to bottom with innovations made to increase durability and provide premium customization options with expanded accessory offerings.
To find more information about the 2021 model year Polaris Off Road lineup, see below and visit Polaris.com/ORV2021.
Polaris RANGER has been the top choice of farmers, ranchers, hunters, homesteaders and rec enthusiasts for more than a decade. It’s known and valued for its unmatched strength, comfort and capability, and the more RANGER delivers, the more riders ask for the next level. Today, the No.1-selling utility side-by-side, has expanded its offering to include the first-ever RANGER XP 1000 Trail Boss and RANGER XP 1000 Northstar Trail Boss. To further elevate its already industry-leading lineup, RANGER has introduced significant quality and feature upgrades across RANGER 1000, XP 1000 and XP 1000 Northstar models.
“With more than one-million RANGER owners and counting, it’s our responsibility to continue innovating and expanding on our commitment to deliver the industry’s hardest working, smoothest riding UTVs,” said Chris Judson, Vice President of RANGER, GENERAL and ATV, Polaris. “We’re bringing improvements across this year’s lineup that are a direct reflection of our owners and further raise the bar for utility side-by-sides.”
The 2021 RANGER lineup is packed with rider-inspired quality upgrades, new premium features and purpose-built limited editions that make it the strongest, most capable and most comfortable RANGER lineup ever.
● Upgraded Clutching - All 2021 RANGER XP 1000 models feature upgraded clutch componentry for 50 percent more durability. Spend more time riding and less time on maintenance with an industry-leading 6,000-mile clutch service interval (three-times longer than the 2020 model year).
● Stronger Front Drive - Polaris has increased front-drive strength by 30 percent on all 2021 RANGER 1000 and XP 1000 models for improved durability. The chassis itself has also been redesigned around the new isolated front drive, making it 15 percent stronger, and suspension durability has been increased by 50 percent so that riders can work and play harder knowing RANGER is up to the task.
● Striking LED Headlights - Standard on Trail Boss and Northstar Ultimate models, LED headlights are also now included in the RIDE COMMAND package on RANGER XP 1000. Extend the day of work or recreation with 90 percent more output than halogens – the most in the industry – for better visibility in low-light conditions.
● 29-inch Maxxis® Tires - Trail Boss and Northstar Ultimate models also feature new 29-inch tires, providing more ground clearance, traction and cornering stability to tackle tough tasks and trails.
● 14-inch Aluminum Wheels - Look good while on the job or on the go with new 14-inch aluminum wheels featuring a machined face for eye-catching style, now standard on all RANGER XP 1000 models for 2021.
● Battery Charging Port - All 2021 RANGER 1000 and XP 1000 models now include a battery charging port easily accessible in the dash to keep the machine ready for work or play regardless of how long it sits in between rides.
● New Accessories - The bold new LED headlights are also available as an accessory upgrade kit for RANGER XP 1000 models, and the kit is compatible with prior model years. Polaris is also offering a geofencing kit for RANGER 1000, enhancing vehicle controllability with speed control down to 4 MPH and the ability to set operating boundaries.
● Premium Colors and Graphics - Polaris RANGER introduced new, premium colors and graphics throughout the 2021 lineup, offering new options for riders looking to upgrade their style.
For riders that simply need more from their utility side-by-side, the first-ever, purpose-built RANGER XP 1000 Trail Boss and RANGER XP 1000 Northstar Trail Boss take capability to the next level. Available in three-seat and CREW models, the Trail Boss limited edition brings more premium features and big work and play capability for riders operating in demanding terrains. Standard equipment includes larger, 29-inch Maxxis® tires while high-clearance arched A-arms and self-leveling rear suspension make the most of the class-leading 14-inches of ground clearance, even when fully loaded. For added confidence on hilly terrain, active descent control (ADC) also comes standard. All four wheels engage for maximum traction and control on descents. To round out the list, striking LED headlights improve visibility and add premium style.
The RANGER XP 1000 High Lifter Edition, RANGER XP 1000 Texas Edition and highly-popular RANGER XP 1000 Northstar also received notable upgrades for 2021. The High Lifter Edition gets 30-inch Outlaw 2 tires for more mud-churning capability and style. The new, larger tires bring ground clearance to a towering 15 inches for increased capability to ride in deeper mud. Polaris also improved draining on the standard, premium half doors and added bold color accents to the interior. The Texas Edition gets larger, 29-inch Maxxis® tires, LED headlights, more premium color, graphics and Texas Edition badging to take style to the next level. On the
Northstar Edition, Polaris improved cab-sealing and door fitment for better protection from the elements, enhancing rider comfort. Inside the cab, both Premium and Ultimate trims now feature signature Northstar seat embroidery for an ultra-premium look. Additionally, to raise the bar on capability and style, Northstar Ultimate now receives 29-inch Maxxis® tires and LED headlights as standard equipment.
To learn more about the first-ever RANGER XP 1000 Trail Boss or other 2021 RANGER models, visit Polaris.com/RANGER.