Can-Am Off-Road racer, Kyle Chaney, rocked the 2021 Can-Am UTV King of the Hammers race on Feb. 4, crossing the finish line first and claiming the spot at the top of the podium. Chaney’s blazing victory marked the second triumph in a row for a Can-Am Maverick X3 at the toughest single-day race in the world. Completing the course in a total time of 3:47:49, Chaney was followed by Can-Am drivers Cody Miller and Phil Blurton, securing a second podium sweep in a row for Can-Am, completely crushing the competition once again.
“Well, we just won the King of the Hammers! It feels awesome! My co-pilot Scott and I worked together all day, didn't make any mistakes, and everything went smoothly. I wanted to get in the rocks in the top three, and we did. We just stayed smooth the rest of the way and brought her home. The Can-Am Maverick X3 was awesome. That machine impresses me, it just keeps impressing me. It never lets me down,” said Kyle Chaney.
TOP 5 HIGHLIGHTS OF UTV King of the Hammers 2021
1. Can-Am racers completed a podium sweep for a second year in a row.
2. Can-Am machines finished in 4 of the top 5 positions in the race.
3. Kyle Chaney’s victory comes after he surprised everyone last year by finishing in second place despite having two broken feet.
4. 2021 marks Can-Am’s 4th participation in UTV King of the Hammers.
5. Can-Am paid tribute to its heritage this year by identifying its full fleet under the same unifying color: the iconic yellow that’s been synonymous with BRP for more than 80 years.