The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, Parks and Trails Division, Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) program passed along the notice below to share.
A brand-new position has been developed and posted by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, Parks and Trails Division, Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) program. This one-year position is hired through the Conservation Corps of Minnesota and Iowa (CCMI) and will assist OHV program staff with statewide off-highway vehicle activities; the position has a strong emphasis on learning.
Full details about the Off-Highway Vehicle Program Specialist position, including a full position description, has been posted here: (https://conservationcorps.catsone.com/careers/49496-AmeriCorps-IP/jobs/12792983-Minnesota-DNR-Specialists)
Deadline to apply is Nov. 3.
Some likely duties of the OHV Specialist:
- Contribute to team effort to update and publish a new edition of Minnesota's OHV Trail Atlas
- Attend and support agency and public meetings on OHV projects or programs
- Assist staff in creating project maps and documentation
- Work on trail construction/reconstruction/maintenance projects with DNR staff and/or club volunteers
General requirements for service with CCMI (full position requirements in the position description).
- 18-25 years old
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
- Must pass the National Sex Offender Public Registry and criminal history check. “Pass” is defined as no positive hits on the NSOPR and no history of violent offenses on the criminal history check.
- Full term of service must be completed in order to receive the education award.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record (no major moving violations or DUI’s in the past five years).
- Monthly stipend
- Education award upon successful completion of term
- Skills training and job experience
- Health insurance
- Student loan forbearance during service term