The Bureau of Land Management Fillmore Field Office reopened the Little Sahara Recreation Area visitor center on Feb. 18, for Monday-Friday operations. Starting on March 1, the visitor center will also be open on weekends.
Little Sahara Recreation Area is one of Utah’s premiere off-highway vehicle (OHV) areas and is located only two hours from the Salt Lake Valley. Visitors are advised to take all appropriate safety measures, including wearing clothing suited to adverse weather conditions.
Little Sahara Recreation Area visitors are encouraged to keep the following information in mind:
- The one-night permit fee is $18 per vehicle. This fee includes use of the area for two-days and one night. Discounts are available for veterans and seniors.
- Little Sahara Recreation Area season passes are available at the Fillmore Field Office, (435) 743-3100 and the Salt Lake Field Office, (801) 977-4300.
- Visitor center hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- All four campgrounds are open and provide access to vault toilets.
- The dump station and water fill stations will remain closed until further notice.
- Safety flags are required for all OHVs and UTVs (utility terrain vehicle). Flags are available for sale at the visitor center.
- Children under eight years of age are not allowed to operate any OHV/UTV on public lands, roads or trails in Utah. Children ages eight through 15 may operate an OHV/UTV if they possess an education certificate issued by Utah State Parks or the equivalent certification from their home state. Individuals 16 years of age or older may operate an OHV/UTV if they possess either a valid driver’s license or an approved OHV education certificate.
- Building tunnels and deep pits in the sand is dangerous and prohibited.
The surrounding cities of Nephi and Delta are full-service communities and can provide access to services not available at Little Sahara Recreation Area. These nearby communities offer a full complement of fuel, groceries, hotels, medical facilities, OHV supplies and other amenities.
For more information about Little Sahara Recreation Area, contact the Fillmore Field Office at (435) 743-3100, Monday through Friday, or visit www.blm.gov/little-sahara.
Utah OHV rules can be found at: http://goo.gl/35sLK6.